Saturday, May 1, 2010

Time




Suddenly I am in the blissful blank space between semesters. I finished my first class on the 21st, and am taking a May-June condensed course that starts on Monday. I will be the only grad student in this class- it is an Education course for future teachers and is a relatively informal look at sexuality and how one comes to realize and understand their own sexuality. I'm told that a number of students often come out by the end of the class. My role will be a little different, I'll present some lectures and write a paper. I think it will be a whirlwind but still a good one.

My little puppy has grown to be a one-year-old 65 pound ball of happy energy... great sometimes, overwhelming other times.

J and I have 'bought' our baby.... we spent $2200 on sperm from some young buck putting himself through school. This was supposed to be our first month of trying but the doctor didn't do the referral to the other doctor... so now we wait, sperm in storage. I suppose it's fine anyway, I'm ovulating now and the doctor wouldn't be doing an insemination over the weekend.

The thing about it is that it is so easy to feel overwhelmed by the whole thing. We are already busy, we already have 2 dogs, 2 cats. Adding a baby sometimes feels like too much, but I don't want to wait anymore. There is never the right time, right? Some days we can't wait, some days we are scared... I just wish that it could happen by accident so that we would just have to deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. you have a lot going on!! Enjoy the break between semesters! Mine is half over, I am rested and happy :)

    ReplyDelete