Tuesday, October 6, 2009

28 candles


Happy birthday to me!
It's just past noon so I cracked a beer. Tell me I can't. C'mon, I dare ya.
My birthday tradition over the last 3 years or so has been to book the day off and take myself out on a date day. Thanks to the last minute cancellation of a meeting, this year is no exception. So, this morning I took J to work as usual for 7 am and then decided on a spontaneous trip out of town for a coffee. I drove myself to a cute lil' prairie town where J and I had originally considered buying-- only 20 minutes outside the city.

So here I am, home again. The dogs are now napping (moments ago I saw Jake chewing on something-- I went to investigate and found a baby tooth of Jersey's in his mouth. Uh huh. Weirdo) I've got a beer, I turned up the furnace because it is chilly (calling for snow tomorrow, nooo!) and I think I might change into my pj bottoms and watch a movie...

J is taking me out to dinner tonight, but I've got loads of time....

ahhh, me-day....

6 comments:

  1. I am a strong believer in fully enjoying "me time" on birthdays, so yay for you!!!
    I love love the cake by the way, how did you get the rainbow?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday! have a great day/night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a good day. Sounds very relaxing and the cake is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot! I'm a week late here but I hope your b-day was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is all kinds of cool!!

    ReplyDelete