Thursday, July 1, 2010

The countdown is on.


Now that it is officially July, there is no more pretending that there is lots of time left.... our wedding is now officially a month away. We are getting married on an island within the lake in our city, and J discovered this morning that the day of our wedding is also an event on the water of that lake.... hmmmm...
Our plan has been to have everyone ferried over and J and I are hoping to kayak up to the island and have the kids blowing bubbles as we make our way down the 'aisle'. Today we're going to give that a test run.... this is a man-made lake with a lot of man-made grossness so I don't know whether this is possible.
On the 9th my coworkers are throwing us a shower. Yes, a group of straight coworkers are insisting that they want to do this which really says a lot, doesn't it? I'm a notorious non-attender when it comes to events like this at my office and here we are at the centre of it. I'm very out at work, obviously, and everyone knows J too because she works at the university too. Someone asked what our 'colours' were for the wedding. Ummm... are we supposed to have colours? Not at this wedding, ladies....

2 comments:

  1. I love the kayak plan! I hope it works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now less than a month away. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out the way you want.

    I laughed about the "what are your colors" comment. No matter the wedding, why do people think that every girl wants the fairytale.

    ReplyDelete